Online Dangerous Goods Training
For safety, everyone involved in the handling and transport of cargo and baggage by air must undertake approved dangerous goods training. The requirements of the training vary according to the activities the person performs in their job. The course delivered by ‘The School of Flight’ is known as Dangerous Goods Awareness and Acceptance of Non-dangerous goods.
This online dangerous goods course meets the training requirements for:
- persons whose duties include accepting non-dangerous cargo;
- flight crew and load planners;
- aircraft cabin crew;
- employees of ground handling agents, freight forwarders or screening authorities whoc handle air cargo or passenger baggage.
This course is NOT suitable for persons whose role includes packing, shipping or accepting dangerous goods for transport by air.
How long does dangerous goods training take to complete?
This dangerous goods course takes about 4 hours to complete.
How long is this dangerous goods training valid for?
The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and CASR Part 92 requirre that dangerous goods training be completed at least every 24 months. Training can be completed up to 3 months prior to the second anniversary of your last training without affecting the anniversary date of the renewal.
What facilities do I need to access this course?
Students must supply a current, valid email address in order to enrol in the course and must have access to a computer with:
- Broadband internet access
- Web Browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox Preferred)
- Email account access
- Flash 8 or higher player
Is this dangerous goods course accredited and approved by CASA?
This course is undergoing approval by CASA. The course approval number is xxxx/xxxx.
Where do I get dangerous goods training for sea and road transport?
What does this dangerous goods course cost?
The cost of this course is $135 including GST and includes having your Dangerous Goods Certificate printed, laminated and posted to your address
How to Enrol
To enrol in this course you need to:
- Click on the enrol now button at the top or bottom of this page.
- Login or Create a new customer account
NOTE: If this is the first course that you have undertaken with The School of Flight you will need to create an account by registering your details during the checkout process.
- Pay for your course using credit card (Visa / Mastercard, American Express), Paypal or by account for corporate customers.
- Access your course.